Memberwise Digital Platform Select Seminar - In Review
2 min read
Last week myself, Mike and Joe joined Richard from MemberWise, and Nick David from the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (one of our happy clients), to deliver a seminar on digital membership platforms.
Procurement and Selection - Understanding What Good Looks Like
First up was Mike, with a talk to help attendees understand how to run an effective procurement process for digital membership solutions. Key questions to ask in order to understand if your organisation can work with a potential supplier were explored during the talk; below are our top three.
- Avoid Lock-in: The product you select shouldn’t be tied to one supplier, make sure you have the ability to leave the relationship without losing your solution.
- Membership Expertise: Many agencies can build you a website, but will it truly enhance your organisation? Ensuring sector experience will prove valuable in the long-run.
- Ease of Use: For both members and content managers, the solution should be easy to use - a beautiful website is one thing, but if it takes a week to publish a press release, it’ll become a burden.
Digital Membership Platforms in 2020
Next up I took to the stage, and delivered a talk centring on the future of digital membership platforms. Acronyms like VR and AR are plastered all around the web these days, and our customers often find it to be a challenge to to understand what will drive real value for their organisations.
On top of this, the sheer number of channels across which content must now be published, leads to something we call __channel haze__ - something which leaves content managers and our audience confused about the best place to consume content.
Below are some highlights and tips from my talk.
- The Headless CMS: Managing your data completely separately from your website (read my post on The Headless CMS for more info), while it sounds like a great idea, we’ve yet to see a perfect implementation, so don’t flock to this just yet.
- Predictive Analytics: CRM systems contain huge amounts of information on our members - if we use this on our websites and apps, we can guide users along new journeys - if a member has been to an event in the North West for instance, why not notify them of new NW events?
- Personalisation: We’ve long known about using personalised content - after all our email marketing usually starts “Dear Lee...“, but applying this across our digital ecosystem can give our members a greater sense of community.
We really enjoyed talking to all those who attended - it was a great opportunity to help educate the community, and we’d like to thank Richard Gott of MemberWise for helping organise the event.
If you’re interested in attending our next seminar, let us know.
Digital Excellence - the premier event for membership organisations exploring new digital horizons - is now just one week away. We’ll be speaking and exhibiting all day, so if you’re there drop by and say hello, it’s sure to be a great event.