We’re on the hunt for individuals that like to communicate. As a Community Manager in our thriving products division, your role will be to help our online community customers to manage their web-based communities and help our new community clients to adopt our platform.
This includes educational and hands-on communication efforts for clients licensing our in-house Online Community product based on Discourse Forums. Using strong communications skills, you will be liaising with project stakeholders and our clients to gather and translate project requirements for our product development team and organise and execute project implementations using our Jira-based, Agile, delivery methodologies.
You will also apply tried and tested methods for promoting community adoption and working hand in hand with our clients to support them with the day-to-day tasks for ensuring successful community adoption.
Our ideal candidate will ideally have had previous experience in running an online community, familiarity with the forum platforms, and broader social media fluency; though this isn’t a strict requirement and junior candidates with are also encouraged to apply. We’re looking for people who will be able to adapt to an ever-evolving working environment and be ready to take ownership of the role – shaping it to match your skillset and pushing yourself to learn more every day.
Further, we look for someone with a high emotional IQ who and loves solving problems and helping people. Our team is a friendly bunch, and we encourage everyone to ask questions in order to learn, but also to enhance our method of work – just because it’s always been done that way, doesn’t mean it’s the right way.
- Active management of community conversations, moderation management, and support activities for membership sector client online communities,
- Light configuration of the web-based online community product,
- Reporting the performance and analytics to clients and internal stakeholders,
- Active support of community-related tickets via our Service Desk,
- Potential to lead the delivery of online community projects with clients in the membership sector,
- Use our Jira-based project management software to translate and input project requirements to implement these on the projects,
- Act as the client’s advocate during the project implementation, ensuring they are satisfied and kept informed during the various project implementations.
- (Desired) Previous experience in managing online communities,
- (Desired) Knowledge of software and software delivery methodologies; previous project management experience is useful,
- (Desired) Knowledge of metrics and analytics that can support online community management,
- (Required) Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, continually evolving working environment,
- (Required) Excellent communication skills,
- (Required) Self-motivated & delivery-focused,
- (Desired) Knowledge of front-end development (e.g. HTML/CSS) is not required but beneficial.
What to Expect
Type: Full-time, permanent
Working Hours: 37.5 hours, Monday-Friday. Core hours are between 10am - 4pm
Salary: Competitive & negotiable based on experience
Location: Manchester City Centre office, with flexible, remote/hybrid working options
Holiday: 26 days per annum, plus public holidays
Pension: Entry to company pension scheme after 3 months' employment; employer contribution of 5% of basic salary (on top of basic salary)
Other Benefits: Company laptop, Private Healthcare, Railcard scheme, Gym subsidy, Excellent maternity and paternity packages
Performance & Pay Reviews: Annual pay (after 12 months) and performance reviews
- On-the-job training – Access our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program with allocated training time and budget,
- Learn from working with the best - It may be a cliché, but if you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!
- After-hours takeaway – Although we do not have a long hours culture, if you fancy working late one night, have a pizza on us!
- Relaxed atmosphere – Join a friendly team who are always willing to lend a hand,
- Socialise - For those who like to mingle, we have regular company nights out as well as two five-a-side teams, a board games group and regular squash and tennis players,
- Project launch parties - We frequently celebrate project go-lives and other major company milestones,
- Gym subsidy - Train your mind and body with 50% off your monthly gym membership fee.
Download Job Specification
You can download the above job specification for online access.
Our Application Process
Click on the button to submit an application today.