We are looking for talented people with good all-round IT infrastructure knowledge to become a member of our team, building and maintaining our multi-site VMware vSphere environment and hosted virtual machines. You will work with a friendly and relaxed team in a working culture that actively encourages team members to deepen their existing knowledge by learning cutting-edge technologies and best practices.
Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, hands-on, and passionate about delivering a significant contribution to the team in our fast-paced working environment. Our business is built on trusting and empowering our people, and believing that the best way to learn, is to do, supported by comprehensive training resources within the framework of a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program. You won’t spend unnecessary time waiting to start the ‘real work’, you will be given the opportunity to develop your skills, build your experience and make a meaningful impact as soon as you're ready.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and extending our existing multi-site VMware vSphere environment,
- Installing, maintaining and supporting both Windows and Linux virtual machines,
- Working with Docker containers, hosts, and container orchestration tools,
- Building and maintaining client solutions on public cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, etc),
- Monitoring and supporting backup operations,
- Providing 3rd line support,
- Working in a small team,
- Working with clients to design and deliver complex solutions,
- Occasional out of hours maintenance and support.
Candidates would ideally hold a 2:1 or higher degree in a relevant discipline from a reputable university. However, we would certainly consider solid applicants without this background.
Desirable Skills & Previous Experience
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Azure
- Administration of Docker hosts and containers
- Management and installation of Microsoft Windows Server, IIS and SQL Server
- Experience managing and configuring firewalls
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure (Cisco switching, Load Balancers, etc)
- Knowledge of backup and DR technologies
- Self-motivated & delivery-focused
Competitive & negotiable based on experience.
Infrastructure Engineer > Senior Infrastructure Engineer > Senior Solution Architect Roles
Download Job Specification
You can download the above job specification for online access.
Our Application Process
Click on the button to submit an application today.