Cantarus is committed to ensuring that, during the ongoing development of the COVID-19 pandemic, we plan and take coordinated action to ensure alignment of our operations with government advice with a view to ensuring the ongoing health and well-being of our staff, customers, and suppliers. We are continuously reviewing and updating our plans to mitigate the risk of impact on service delivery for our clients.
Our response to the current situation can be split into three distinct sub-sections as described below.
Existing Business Continuity Assurance
Thanks to the nature of our business, we are ideally suited for distributed/remote working. Our team is entirely based in the UK with our primary talent pool located in Manchester, and two full-time remote workers in the London and the Midlands.
Our entire staff works with easily transportable laptops and equipment that can be leveraged from any location with power and internet.
Our communications, project planning, customer support, human resources, finance, and other core systems all run on remote infrastructure across SaaS platforms and our own datacentres, therefore presence in our physical office isn’t required.
Our documentation requirements dictate that no single team member be the sole point of contact for any individual issue. All of our project source code and business processes are documented within internal communications channels.
Finally, we maintain a business continuity policy which can be provided upon request.
Specific Steps Implemented To-Date
In line with government advice we have taken the following steps:
- Issued formal guidance to all staff to self-isolate should they experience any symptoms associated with the virus,
- Required all staff to test and certify that they can connect to all core business systems remotely,
- Required all staff to certify that, where applicable, their office desk phone can be redirected to their work mobile devices,
- Performed a test of the support channels being accessible using remote means and discussed how the Customer Success Team will manage this in practice,
- Required all staff to take their laptops and required equipment home each night from the 12th March 2020 until further notice,
- Required all staff to check their work email and Slack (instant messaging channel) prior to leaving home to come to work each morning, should there be a notification of a change in this guidance,
- Advised all staff that all non-essential face-to-face meetings are to be moved to remote sessions,
- Advised all staff to refrain from physical contact (e.g. handshakes) during any meetings in the course of the working day.
- As of Tuesday 17th March 2020, we have requested that all staff should work from home for an indefinite period of time. From Wednesday 18th March the office will be closed, and all staff will be working remotely from home thereafter.
- As of Wednesday 18th March 2020, all in-person meetings have been suspended. All meetings must be conducted remotely.
If necessary, these additional steps may be implemented, informed by the guidance of public health authorities and/or Cantarus Directors:
1.Suspension of all non-essential internal project work with resources diverted to critical projects and customer support if required.
Impact on Service Delivery
At this time, we are not anticipating any immediate, significant impact on service delivery for our clients. As the situation develops, we will continue to monitor staff health and well-being and communicate any such risks at the earliest opportunity to our clients. The major identified risk, as with any organisation, is the risk of a significant number of staff being too unwell to work simultaneously. We do have flexibility in terms of additional capacity and the ability to move team members to core support functions if this is necessary. As with the above, this will be monitored closely and any issues communicated with our clients as appropriate.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and update this document, our staff, and our clients with respect to any such changes. All necessary precautions will be taken to ensure the on-going health of our staff, customers and suppliers in line with government guidance.