One of the main issues IRSE faced was a need to improve the overall UX. There were several microsites for areas like exam information and continued professional development (CPD) information, but locating these materials wasn't easy. The pages that did exist within the main site were inconsistent – the ‘Local Area’ pages were visually different from each other and didn’t contain the same information. From a user’s perspective, the site was unclear. IRSE’s goal was to significantly enhance their online presence, showcasing a site that was much more fitting for their brand. They tasked Cantarus with entirely redesigning and re-platforming the site so it was in-line with their brand guidelines and responsive across all devices.
We built a functional, fully responsive website for IRSE on the DNN platform. The new site was designed to be innovative, modern, and easy to use, including:
- Use of opacity on the homepage to make the hero image immediately stand out,
- A longer search function to provide a more interactive search for users,
- Bold dropdown boxes from the main navigation bar,
- Use of multiple tiles to give the user faster direction,
- Carousel feature to hold more content than a static image, and help guide the user to different areas within the site.