Since 2015, web application breaches are now 13x more likely to occur
- Verizon Data Breach Report, 2019
What is a vulnerability scanner?
A vulnerability scanner is a computer program designed to assess computers, networks and applications for known weaknesses such as cross-site scripting, SQL injection and more.
A vulnerability scanner uses a database that contains all of the information required to check a system for security holes. The scanner will try to exploit each vulnerability that is discovered and produce a report.
Cantarus has partnered with AppCheck to help guarantee that our clients’ systems are as secure as possible. Our external and web application scanning is provided by an AppCheck tool which is predominantly based on automated scanning processes, uncovering information and comparing the list against a database of known vulnerabilities.
What are the benefits of a vulnerability scan?
- AppCheck scans test for OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities as standard,
- Unlimited users mean that multiple stakeholders can view and manage vulnerabilities,
- Unlimited scanning frequency means vulnerabilities can be discovered sooner,
- Reports contain high-level overview and technical breakdown of vulnerabilities to cater to all audiences,
- Detailed remediation advice helps quickly understand the vulnerability and potential impacts,
- Ability to navigate complex workflows through multi-stage authentication and replicate user journeys,
What are the features of AppCheck?
- Automatic vulnerability management,
- Easy-to-use vulnerability management dashboard,
- Self-configured tailored scans that fit your business with ease,
- Simple one-click reporting,
- Ability to identify zero-day vulnerabilities.
Is your website secure? If not, get in touch with us today to see how we can help you.